Youth Labor Certificate Information

How do youths 12-15 years old get a New Hampshire Youth Employment Certificate? (working papers)

  • First they find a job.
  • Then the employer completes a form called an Employer's Request for Child Labor Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol and gives it the youth seeking employment.
  • The youth takes that form to their local school or school superintendent's office, or to their parent, to obtain a signed certificate.
  •  If a parent is issuing the certificate for a child, please click here to access the Youth Employment Certificate template.
  • After the determination of a satisfactory level of academic performance by the school/parent and verification that the type of work is appropriate to the student's age (You will find this information in the Youth Employment Certificate template document) the parent can enter the information from the Employers Request for Child Labor into the template.  The form can be printed directly from the Department of Labor website.
  • The youth takes completed certificate to the employer. 
  • A copy of the certificate must be mailed to the NH Department of Labor